OKAY but more things to consider:
- Civilian au but with an intense focus on how everyone shops for groceries
- Idyllic (or not) 1950’s teenagers au
- The 50’s teens au but at an old school carnival/amusement park
- Disaffected 90’s teens au, for that matter
- Personality (and age, when applicable) swap au for any friendship/pairing/duo/ect
- Best friends having to pretend to be madly in love
- People who are madly in love having to pretend to hate each other
- B-listing slasher movie au where all of the characters are distilled into cinematic teenager tropes and picked off one by one
- Teen movie au that falls somewhere between Mean Girls and The Breakfast Club.
- Some kind of paranormal au in line with. Gravity Falls or Ghostbusters or something whacky like that. Scooby fucking Doo. I don’t care. Hijinx and ghouls.